~ Rachel from Fabulously Free Utah
1. Labor Day Weekend: If you're not taking advantage of the grill this weekend, here are some alternate ideas for you. Check out the Festival Latinoamericano in downtown Provo for vibrant dances, delicious food, and colorful costumes. Check out Onion Days in Payson, Swiss Days in Midway or take advantage of free admission to the Tooele Pioneer Museum. And you can't miss free admission at Red Butte Garden on Monday.
2. If you've still got little ones at home, don't forget that Library Storytimes are back in full swing all over the valley. Find the schedule for Salt Lake County Libraries, Davis County Libraries, and Tooele Library.
4. If you love Discovery Gateway, you will love this! Sunday, September 16th, Discovery Gateway is free! Thanks to the Zoo, Arts and Parks grant you can experience all the fun for free.
5. Celebrate the beginning of Fall at the Springville Museum of Art Fall Fest on Sept. 22. Not only can you view the fall exhibitions at the museum, but you can create your own masterpieces.
6. Just in time to take advantage of the changing leaves and cooler weather, all National Parks will have free admission Sept. 29. That includes Zion's National Park. I think this calls for a trip down south!
7. Any dinosaur lovers at your house? You might want to make a weekend trip to the Dinosaur Quarry in Price. Admission is free Sept. 29. I know my little boys would love it!
8. With all the fun, take some time out to do service. The United Way Day of Caring is on Sept. 13, and is a great opportunity to teach your kids how important it is to serve others and better our community.
9. Get a jump on the Halloween season with the Witches at Gardner Village. Find all the witches and earn a prize! Witches will start appearing Sept. 14 and will be flying around through Halloween.
10. Don't forget to take advantage of the many farmer's markets. Right now is the best time to get local produce and have a great time while you're at it. Visit the petting zoo at the Market at Gardner Village, or hit the face painting paradise at the South Jordan Farmer's Market on the 15th. If you've never been, trust me, it's not all about the food!