Just because the weather is cooling down, doesn't mean there is less to do in Utah! There are so many Halloween and Fall celebrations going on this month, you would be crazy NOT to take advantage!
1. WitchFest at Gardner Village: This is my family's favorite Halloween tradition. In October, Witches invade Gardner Village. So we head over there to find them all! Admission is free, and if you really want to have a blast, head to the Gardner Village website to print off the Witch Scavenger Hunt. Take it with you and have a competition to see who can find them all first!
2. Library Activities: It's not just about the story time. If your kids are bored after school check out the great after school programs offered at many of the Salt Lake County Libraries. Check out Kim's Cold Blooded Creatures or Renaissance Magic. There are many other options, so head to your local library's calendar and find something perfect for your family.
3. High School Halloween Bash: West Jordan isn't leaving out the big kids this year. Oct. 26 at the Viridan Events Center, High School students from 9th to 12th grades are invited to attend a party in costume. If that isn't enough enticement, music, a costume contest and food should do it. Please bring a nonperishable food item to donate to the food bank.
4. Sunset Festivals at the Gateway: Need a date night? Every Saturday night from 3:00 to 7:00 in October the Gateway will be hosting a free concert series on the Plaza. Take a picnic dinner, bundle up and enjoy the music!
5. Country Farm Festival: If you are further down south in Utah County, check out the Country Farm Festival in Payson Oct. 11-13 and 19-20. An arts and crafts fair, children’s activities, live entertainment, and heritage demonstrations including blacksmithing, sheep shearing, soap making, etc., will make it worth your while!
6. Homestead Resort Scarecrow Festival: Oct. 13 and 20, the Scarecrow Festival is part of Homestead Resort's Fall Festival. A great excuse to head to Wasatch County and experience the fun of fall surrounded by it's beautiful colors.
7. Herriman Pumpkin Festival: This is another local opportunity to dress the kids up for a fun night out. Come by Oct. 13 for a Candy Scavenger Hunt, a Costume Contest, a bounce house and a toy walk. Free for everyone!
8. Draper City Haunted Hollow: A costume party for kids, and every child will receive a free pumpkin! Oct. 22, come by for games food and fun and experience the Sorenson Home as never before.
9. Monster Block Party: If you're looking for a bit party, check out the Monster Block Party at the Gallivan Center on Oct. 27. Hit the trick or treating booths, enter the costume contest and find the free games and activities.
10. Benson Mill Pumpkin Walk: Take a walk around the historic Benson Mill in Tooele Oct. 12-13 to see all the pumpkin scenes created by local businesses and families.